How to wear a maxi Dress?
3709 days ago
03/08/2010back to blog
Maxi Dresses are one of this seasons must have items and a great addition to anybody’s wardrobe. These beautiful, versatile dresses fit all shapes and sizes and can be worn casually or for formal occasions. Maxi Dresses come in a range of different styles, so it is important to choose the correct dress to compliment your figure.
Here at Yours we have come up with a few tips to help get you started:
• Maxi Dresses should be well cut and should compliment your curves. Look for Maxi Dresses with halter necks or thick straps, as thin spaghetti straps can make your shoulders and upper torso look bigger.
• You can also get away with fabulous big bold prints in a way that petite girls can’t, so don’t be afraid of a little print, if anything embrace it!
• If you want to slim a larger figure, then a single colour Maxi Dress is the way to go. To create a waist simple add a wide single colour belt. If your conscience about your arms, cover up with a shrug or a cropped jacket as this will help to accentuate your waist.
• To transform your Maxi Dress from casual daywear to gorgeous eveningwear then you must accessorise. A great way to accessorise a Maxi Dress is to choose one colour from the dress and accentuate it with necklaces, earrings and bracelets. Don’t over do it, remember less is more!
• When it comes to footwear then wedges are ideal. They not only do they compliment the Maxi Dress the extra height allows the dress to seamlessly flow over the shoes and will help to elongate your figure.
So whether you are after a casual or more formal look, here at Yours we believe we have the right plus size Maxi Dress for you at an affordable price.