Ready for a trip away? We’re all definitely ready for a holiday. Staycations are going to be so popular this year so if you haven’t already got booked in and you’re wanting to, you want to move quickly before they get booked up!
Okay so you’ve got your staycation booked for summer and now you need to get your suitcase packed with all the summer essentials. Planning what you’re going to take and what room you’ve got to work with will make the journey go a lot smoother. Not sure where to start? We’ve done the work for you and put together all the essentials whatever you’re up to.
What do I need to pack for a staycation?
- Take what you need not what you want – It’s so easy to get carried away and pack more than you need but you want to maximise the space you have and be practical with things you are actually going to wear – being selective is key!
- Sun protection – We know the UK weather isn’t always sunny and hot but sun cream is essential to protect your skin against UV rays whatever the weather.
- Toiletries – We’ve all definitely forgotten to pack toothpaste or shower gel and end up having to pop to the shop and get the staples. Travel size toiletries will save you even more room too.
- Snacks – Snacks are KEY. Especially for keeping occupied on long journeys and just having around the hotel/house you’re staying in (they’ll keep the kids quiet too!).
- Layers – Taking hoodies and jackets is essential for the unpredictable weather summer can bring and as there’s no suitcase weight restriction so you can just throw them over the suitcases and packed boot.
Grey Sweatshirt | Grey Joggers
Comfort is key when travelling. Especially if you’re going to be in the car for hours and hours you want to be in the comfiest clothing you own. Joggers and a sweatshirt is your go-to and looks even fresher as a matching set, just add white trainers.
Navy Camper T-Shirt | Jack & Jones Grey T-Shirt | Blue Tropical T-Shirt
Kam Blue Denim Shorts | Kam Khaki Jogger Shorts
Whatever you’ve got planned on your trip, you’ll most likely have some fun activities booked in whether that’s taking the family to an adventure course such as Go Ape or you’re a thrill seeker and love to go to theme parks. We’ve put together some casual outfit ideas for activities you can be comfortable in, keep cool and still look put together.
You can always rely on a printed t-shirt and shorts combo to mix and match with. Add a zip through hoodie to throw off and on as you need to.
Penguin Munsingwear Blue Stripe Polo Shirt | Purple Check Shirt | Jack & Jones Navy Polo Shirt | Farah Blue Shirt
Stone Belted Chino Shorts | Ben Sherman Straight Leg Jeans
Without a doubt one of the best things about going away – restaurant dining! It means no cooking, no washing up and just indulging in delicious foods you can treat yourself to. It calls for smart-casual dressing and if you’re trying to keep your suitcase to a minimum and make the most out of the space, take styles you can mix and match together. We want polo shirts and shirts that can go with both chino shorts and jeans for maximum wear.
Jack & Jones Blue Swim Shorts | Green Palm Swim Shorts | Orange Panel Swim Shorts | Jack & Jones Red Swim Shorts
Taking a dip? It’s time for a new pair of swim shorts and we’ve got a range of styles to suit you. Heading to the beach, water park or just swimming in the pool? We’ve got bold colours, tropical prints and colour block designs you can hit poolside with ease.
Don’t forget the details! They round off your look and are essential for keeping cool. They don’t take up too much room either.
Looking for more? Check out our staycation collection for more inspo.
Head over to our socials @BadRhino on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date on the latest men’s clothing and collections.