Polo shirts, an essential in every man’s wardrobe. This timeless style serves you as a dressier alternative to a t-shirt, without compromising on any of the comfort t-shirts provide. Crafted from soft, breathable materials, polo shirts are a go-to for spring-summer styling. Super versatile, and easy to dress up or down, polo shirts can be worn for a whole range of occasions. Keep reading to discover how we’re styling casual, smart-casual, and smart polo shirts for all of our post-lockdown plans…
Casual Polo Shirts
Polo shirts are usually made from super-soft cotton materials, making them ideal for relaxed styling. Whether you’re looking to refresh your work-from-home uniform, or to update your casual collection, polo shirts are a great option. Sporty colour block polo shirts are perfect for wearing with your favourite joggers for casual, but comfortable looks.
Smart-Casual Polo Shirts
Polo shirts are a go-to for afternoons at the pub. For easy spring-styling, wear your polo shirts with blue jeans and trainers for effortless smart-casual looks. This polo shirt from Luke 1977 features both smart aspects and casual sporty features including contrasting sleeves. Or you can’t go wrong with a block colour polo shirt like this washed blue style from our BadRhino range. Grab a lightweight jacket and you’ll be good to go.
Smart Polo Shirts
Smarter polos make dressing for an evening out easy. Opt for a fitted style, preferably in a darker, neutral colour. We’re liking the tipped details on these polos for bringing a slightly sporty vibe to your smart look. For an after-dark outfit, opt for black jeans or chinos and style with loafers. Dressing for a garden party? Try your smarter polos with lighter chinos or trousers and fresh white trainers.
Polo Shirt Styling Tips
- Opt for a more fitted polo shirt. They obviously shouldn’t be skin-tight, but if they’re too baggy and oversized they tend to look a bit messy. Whereas a good fitting polo shirt can bring an outfit together.
- Your polo shirt should be long enough to tuck in, but short enough to wear un-tucked. The sleeves should fall around the midpoint of your bicep.
- If you’re wanting a smarter finish, tuck your polo shirt into your jeans or trousers for a more put together finish.
- Keep your buttons done up to effortlessly smarten up your style.
- Don’t pop your collar, this trend is long gone, just don’t do this!
Like what you see? Check out our full range of big and tall polo shirts right here, with sizes M-8XL available.
Head over to our socials @BadRhino on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date on the latest men’s clothing and collections and show us how you’ve been styling your polo shirts this season!